New York University invites current second- and third-year undergraduate students who plan to pursue a career that advances the public good to apply for the Bell Public Service Scholarship. This program seeks to enable students to pursue careers in the public service sector by providing them with increased financial freedom. The annual scholarships of up to $8,000 will be renewable until graduation.
Applicants will complete an online application and submit a Statement of Purpose that explains what factors and past experiences are motivating them to pursue public service. Applicants should address the following questions in their essay: How has your history of volunteering or service work influenced your choice to pursue your intended career? What populations will you seek to impact in your intended future career?
A committee from NYU undergraduate schools will review the applications and choose a pool of finalists. A review committee will interview the finalists and select the scholarship recipients. Up to 20 Bell Family Scholarships will be awarded annually.
- Current second- or third-year students in any NYU school
- Demonstrated financial need
- Be in good academic standing
- Commitment to a career in public service
- Application Form (includes academic information and short answer questions)
- Upload the following application materials:
- Statement of Purpose (500–750 words)
- Current resume
- Unofficial transcript
- Letter of recommendation (from someone—e.g., professor, internship supervisor, employer—who knows you well and can address your interest in public service and a future career in that sector)
Deadline to Apply:
- Online application open on Monday, January 28!
- Deadline for receipt of all application materials (Wednesday, March 13, 2019)
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.