EXTERNAL TRANSFER RESOURCES
Review this material to better understand CAS requirements and important procedures for admitted transfer students. You must complete the Transfer Virtual Advising Portal, emailed to you only after confirmation of transfer to CAS, in order to begin the registration process.
Admissions - Next Steps
Expectations for Incoming Students
CAS Academic Advising
CAS External Transfer Checklist
CAS Virtual Advising Presentation
Transfer FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions
CAS Fall Transfer Orientation: August 31 - September 1
During CAS External Transfer Orientation, we’ll get you ready to start your classes--you’ll meet your Academic Advisor, learn the basics about CAS, and travel throughout the city!
CAS Orientation activities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Dean's Welcome
- Transfer 101 - learn more about transfer credits, CAS degree requirements, placement exams, and the College Cohort Program
- Transfer Student Tour
- CAS Workshops - choose from workshops on topics including Academic Support, Prelaw, Study Abroad, and Career Services
- Expository Writing Proficiency Exam - required for all Transfer Students
- International Student Meeting - mandatory for all international External Transfer Students
- Transfer Student Panel - hear from current NYU student leaders about being a transfer student at CAS and NYU
- CAS Transfer Student Mixer - mix and mingle with other transfers, CAS Student Council, CAS advisors and campus resources!
- Departmental Advising - visit your Major and Minor departments to discuss transfer credits and major/minor requirements
- CAS Advisor Appointments - meet with your Academic Advisor to learn more about transfer credits, CAS degree requirements, and the College Cohort Program
- Exemption & Placement Exams - Computer Science, Calculus, Foreign Language (as needed)
Mandatory Writing Proficiency Exam - EWP
- Expository Writing Proficiency (EWP) Exam
- All transfer students are required to take this exam during orientation. The results of this exam may determine if you are required to take an additional Expository Writing (EXPOS-UA) course.