Before Virtual Advising and Registration:
- Submit your confirmation deposit to NYU Admissions.
- Activate your NYU email account. Visit start.nyu.edu from any internet-connected computer to get started. Enter your NYU NetId and then follow the instructions.
- Complete the Virtual Advising and Registration requirements. You will receive email communications from CAS New Students to your NYU email account about what you need to do, as long as you have submitted your deposit to NYU Admissions.
Before the Semester Begins:
- Start familiarizing yourself with the NYU campus and its many resources, as well as New York City.
- Apply for your NYU ID Card.
- Complete the AlcoholEdu® for College program. All undergraduate first-year students are required to complete this two part program. You will receive more information from NYU’s Student Health Center.
- Pay tuition bill. More information can be found about deadlines for payment through the NYU Bursar Office.
- Follow-up with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to confirm that they have received high school transcripts and any other necessary paperwork.
- Sign up for Student Health Insurance (optional).
- Pay Housing Deposit. More information can be found through the Residential Life and Housing Services website.
- Purchase textbooks for classes at the NYU Bookstore.
- Complete and confirm that the Student Health Center has received your necessary immunization forms (verifying your vaccination history) before the start of classes.