Before Virtual Advising and Registration (May and June):
- Submit your confirmation deposit to NYU Admissions.
- Activate your NYU email account. Visit start.nyu.edu from any internet-connected computer to get started. Enter your NYU NetId and then follow the instructions.
- Complete the Virtual Advising and Registration requirements. You will receive email communications from the CCP Leadership Team to your NYU email account about what you need to do starting at the beginning of May, as long as you have submitted your deposit to NYU Admissions.
Before CAS Orientation (End of August):
- Continue checking your NYU email, you will receive a list of CAS Orientation events the first week of August.
- Start familiarizing yourself with the NYU campus and its many resources, as well as New York City.
- Apply for your NYU ID Card.
- Sign up for NYU Welcome Week events starting mid-August.
- Complete the AlcoholEdu® for College program. All undergraduate first-year students are required to complete this two part program. You will receive more information from NYU’s Student Health Center during August.
- Pay tuition bill. More information can be found about deadlines for payment through the NYU Bursar Office.
- Follow-up with the Office of Undergraduate Admissions to confirm that they have received high school transcripts and any other necessary paperwork.
- Purchase and read the First-Year Dialogue novel, Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie
- The First-Year Dialogue at the NYU College of Arts & Science is an exciting, unique way to connect students with a faculty member before classes begin, to unify the class around a common activity and theme and to introduce students to the rich intellectual and cultural life of the College, the University and New York City.
- Consult the Reading Guide and website which provide you with context and important questions to ponder as you read the book.
- In preparation for the First-Year Dialogue submit a word or image that encapsulates the meaning of the novel for you, along with a paragraph explaining your choice through this form by Monday, August 7.