The Sophomore Cohort Presidents of the College of Arts and Science College Cohort Program serve as leaders for their first year cohorts and new transfer students in their second year. Through their role as part of the Second Year Experience, Cohort Presidents assist to promote and sustain the values of the College Cohort Program: College Life, Academic Inquiry, and Service. Meet the 2017-2018 Cohort Presidents here!
- Participate in a year-long leadership development series (biweekly meetings) with other Cohort Presidents
- Plan at least two activities for your cohort each semester, including a welcome back event/meeting at the beginning of sophomore year. Note: you will be working on a team with another cohort’s President
- Manage a budget for your cohort activities
- Serve as a resource for incoming transfer students who will be added to your cohort
- Communicate with academic advisor throughout the year for assistance in keeping cohort engaged
- Must be enrolled full-time in the College of Arts and Science
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- Demonstrate a mature, responsible, and professional demeanor, and excellent communication skills
- Display a willingness to plan activities for cohorts and the sophomore class
- Ability to attend all trainings and leadership development series sessions*
Note: incoming transfer students are not eligible to apply to be a Cohort President, however, we strongly encourage you to apply for other CAS Student Leadership Oppotunities.
- Gain tangible event planning and budget management experience while building cohort community and a CAS identity
- Connect with a CAS Alumni Mentor
- Complete a Capstone Project, a semester-long professional or personal goal, with the support of the College Cohort Program team
- Access important career development tools: Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI); inclusive leadership, diversity, and team building training; resume & interview reviews; networking training; practice in conflict management and public speaking; and attendance at a Spring networking mixer
- Receive exclusive Cohort President giveaways: a Cohort President fleece; professional College Cohort Program padfolio; and Cohort President achievement pin upon completion of the program
- Eligibility to apply to be a Transfer Orientation Volunteer and meet new incoming transfers who will be a part of your cohort as well as play an essential role in fostering community for new external transfers
- Leadership experience that will prepare you + strengthen your candidacy for future leadership roles in and outside NYU
*Sophomores may serve as Cohort Presidents if they are planning to study away during one semester of their Sophomore year, as long as they work with College Cohort Program team to find a Co-President or replacement.