To access ALBERT, our online registration system, for the first time:
- Go to start.nyu.edu and follow the instructions to find your Net ID (your initials plus a random number), or enter it directly if already known. For questions, contact ITS at 212-998-3333.
- Follow the instructions to set a password, which is used for future access to both online registration and your NYU email account.
- Go to home.nyu.edu. Enter your Net ID and password to log in to NYU Home.
- Click on the Academics tab.
- Click on “Student Center”. You are now in Albert, our online registration system.
- Please utilize the Student Training Guides which have PDFs with screenshots available that walk you through the course search and registration process. If you have any further problems, please call our office.
After your initial registration, you will be able to register for classes at the same time as the undergraduates. Registration periods are typically in November for the spring semester, February for the summer semester, and April for fall semester.
About a month before the registration period, Albert may reflect ineligibility to register for the following reasons:
- Time/Date Restriction: Postbacc students have priority registration. You will be assigned a specific date and time for enrollment, at which point Albert becomes active for registration purposes. Until this date and time, you will remain ineligible to register because of the time/date restriction.
- Advisor Approval Needed: The Postbacc Program will email you about registration clearance.
- Health Center – Vaccination/Immunization block: Information about vaccinations and medical documentation was in your acceptance letter. Registration will be blocked until you are in compliance with these rules. Contact the health center directly to resolve this block.
Troubleshooting Other Registration Issues
If you run into any issues with registration, please pay close attention to any error messages that Albert gives you. If you are not able to resolve that issue yourself, contact the Postbacc Program via email. Please have your preferred sections in your enrollment cart before contacting the program.
- Prerequisite block: If you have taken a prerequisite course at your previous institution or for some other reason, our system is not recognizing completion of a prerequisite, you may be blocked from registering for a specific course. As long as the Postbacc Program Director has evidence of completion of the prerequisite, we can assist you with registration.
- Course/section closed: Please choose an open section. You cannot both waitlist and be enrolled for the same course at the same time, nor can you waitlist for a section that conflicts with a course in which you are already enrolled. Waitlists roll automatically each night.
- “Primary activity missing” or “Lower level activity exists” refers to the additional linked “pieces” to a course – for example, chemistry requires that you register for a lecture (LEC), recitation (RCT) and a lab (LAB); the lab course requires a lecture (LEC) and the lab (LAB) – you must register for these in the correct order (or drop them in the reverse order) – lecture first, then recitation or lab.