Applying to health professional schools is a significant undertaking with many moving parts. Most health professional schools require applicants to submit applications more than a year before they plan to matriculate and require a personal statement, in addition to the completion of the prehealth curriculum, letters of evaluation, evidence of clinical engagement and extracurricular involvement, and standardized test scores. With this information on hand, most health professional programs will then require an interview before an offer of admission can be extended.
At NYU, eligible applicants submit a Committee Letter of Evaluation to complement their professional school application.
Applicants who plan to apply to schools of the health professions in Summer 2019 are expected to participate in the Committee Letter process during the 2018-2019 academic year and stay informed of application procedures in the following ways:
- Review our Timeline to understand when you will participate in the various components of the Committee Letter of Evaluation process.
- Stay up-to-date with announcements and events by reading the weekly Prehealth E-newsletter, The Medical Record, and by monitoring the Prehealth Calendar of Events!
- Watch the Application Year Overview Webinar
- Please note the following changes to our protocols and procedures from last year
- Letters of evaluation are being manually filed and reciepted in the order they arrive. We will send a reciept to the evaluator and the applicant as we enter the letter into our database and file the letter into the applicant file - again, not as it hits our inbox but as we file it away by hand. This is currently taking up to ten business days. Please be patient - your follow up emails are making the process take longer for everyone.
- The letter request portal is being under construction and testing and will be ready for you by June 1. You do not need to request an account; it will be open to anyone with an NYU ID. All update essays, updated resumes, updated transcripts, etc will be submitted at the same time you submit your completed primary application and request your committee letter. We do not have any way you can submit these in advance this year.