Our office supports NYU students at all stages of application. If you are considering reapplication to graduate schools of the health professions, we strongly encourage you to make an appointment with a staff member to discuss ways to improve your application portfolio.
We're Here to Help
Our advisors will review your initial application and help you identify potential areas of weakness, make suggestions for improvement, and refer you to additional resources as needed. Please email a PDF copy of your initial application to firstname.lastname@example.org at least two (2) business days before your advising session so that we can preview your materials and be fully prepared for the appointment.
Committee Letter of Evaluation
Re-applicants who have already interviewed with our office in the past do not complete a second Prehealth Committee Application or participate in a second committee interview. If more than five years have lapsed since your initial application, we ask that you speak with an advisor about your application readiness prior to requesting updates to your Committee Letter.
In lieu of submitting a new application, we ask that you provide updates to the Committee via AdviseStream. We have a specialized set of AdviseStream instructions just for reapplicants. You will be permitted to provide the following updates:
- Updated resume
- Updated grades in BCPM courses
- Updated unofficial transcript
- A 1-2 page personal statement explaining what you have done since your interview with us and why you are still motivated to enter the health professions. This statement must be added to the "Applicant Updates" section in AdviseStream's Committee Letter Planner.
- 1 new letter of evaluation
Applicants who used NYU's electronic Committee Application between 2011 and 2016 will be able to view their previously-submitted Committee Application as a .pdf file within AdviseStream's Committee Letter Planner. If you experience any difficulty viewing your previously-submitted application, please email email@example.com.
Please add these updates no later than May 31 of your application year. If you do not submit this new material, we will submit your Committee Letter of Evaluation from the previous application cycle but will be unable to update it.
Activate your AdviseStream Account
The Preprofessional Advising Center uses AdviseStream, an online prehealth advising platform, to support our Committee process. You will use AdviseStream in several specific ways this cycle: to request and track the receipt of individual letters of evaluation and to request your Committee Letter be submitted to your programs of choice. Log into your account at nyu.advisestream.com to get started today!
AdviseStream will be available for all current and former prehealth and postbacc students to use; at this time, the system is limited to current and former prehealth students and postbaccs on the Square. Applicants from the Tandon School of Engineering, NYU Abu Dhabi, and NYU Shanghai campuses will work with their campus representatives to monitor letters of evaluation and request the transmission of their Committee Letter and associated evaluations. AdviseStream accounts are securely connected to your academic record in Albert. To make changes to pre-filled information in both Albert and AdviseStream, please follow the Registrar’s instructions to update your student record.
Program your Account
- Look here for a visual step-by-step guide to the process below.
- Log into AdviseStream to activate your account
- Complete your Intent to Apply from the home page under the 'Apply' widget. Click on 'Complete Intent to Apply.' A modal will pop up. Select the degrees for which you intend to apply and click 'Next.' Select your planned matriculation year from the drop-down and click 'Save.' As a reminder and example, summer 2018 applicants to medical school will matriculate in 2019.
- Complete your AdviseStream Profile. You can access your 'Profile' by hovering over your name in the upper right corner of the main dashboard. The Profile is comprised of the following required sections and should take no longer than two (2) hours to complete:
- General Information
- Health Professions Aspirations
- Timeframe(s) & Degrees
- Background: Family, Citizenship & Heritage, High School, Residences, and Military Service history
- Special Circumstances: institutional and legal actions.
- Navigate to the 'Committee Letter' Planner and mark your profile as updated.
- Complete the FERPA Waiver
- Submit updates to your application as described above
- Check off your Prehealth Committee Application as complete
- In the orange Committee Letter Request box, select "I interviewed in a previous year and would like an updated Committee Letter."
- Click the "Request" button in the orange Committee Letter Request box.
- Follow the directions on the prehealth website to have your Committee Letter submitted.