Have you always wanted to travel, live somewhere else, or volunteer for a special cause? These options can provide valuable personal experiences, career opportunities, challenges, and put your skills and knowledge to work. Investigate all your options.
Have you considered ...
- Serve as a community volunteer. It is as valuable as working for a Fortune 500 company. Consider AmeriCorps, Habitat for Humanity, Oxfam, Peace Corps, or Teach for America.
- Work part-time to explore career options and develop important skills for the job market.
- Temp or intern in the field in which you are interested to learn more about it and make contacts.
- The Office of Civic Engagement, NYU's center for community service opportunities
- NYU Work Abroad Program at the Wasserman Center for Career Development, 133 E.13th Street. This program provides a broad range of information on short term work abroad options, international internships and volunteer opportunities.
- Idealist provides links to nonprofit organizations throughout the world and volunteer opportunities.