The College of Arts and Science offers students a wide variety of activities outside the classroom:
- Curriculum-related clubs
- Political, religious, and ethnic groups
- Fraternities and sororities
- Student publications, including WNYU-FM
- A wealth of music performance groups
- And many other opportunities for students to enrich their academic lives with like-minded friends
The CAS Student Council sponsors a variety of other cocurricular activities. Class Advisory Boards (one each for freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors) organize events and activities for themselves and others, as well as represent their class on other boards. The all-College Dean's Advisory Board meets regularly with the Dean on issues such as communication and academic services. Finally, students with an interest in giving back to the community have a number of opportunities, including the Dean's Service Honor Corps.
Information on these and other aspects of student life is available at the College Advising Center, Silver Center, Room 905. See also, the Student Resource Center web site.
CAS Student Life: Julie Lizardo (CAS '19) from NYU CAS on Vimeo.