The Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UCC)
The Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UCC) evaluates all new courses to be offered for credit by the College of Arts and Science (CAS), whether at the Washington Square campus or at an NYU global site. It also reviews all new majors and minors, as well as changes/revisions to existing majors and minors. Contact Dean James Mazza for questions about course proposals and revisions.
2022-23 NEW COURSE & PROGRAM PROPOSAL DEADLINES:
- September 1, 2022 (deadline for Spring 2023 courses)
- October 1, 2022
- November 1, 2022
- February 1, 2023 (deadline for Fall 2024 courses)
- March 1, 2023
- April 1, 2023
NEW COURSE GUIDELINES:
New Course Guidelines link (includes guidelines, as well as information on credit hours and relevant policies)
CAS Syllabus Checklist
CAS January Term Course Development Guide
CAS Two-Point Credit Course Development Guide
CAS Summer Course Development Guide
CAS Topics Courses
HOW TO SUBMIT A NEW COURSE PROPOSAL:
1. Download the CAS New Course Proposal Form.
2. Submit your proposal via the CAS DUS shared drive: double click the UCC Proposals folder, and then double click the appropriate (Month) 2022 or 2023 UCC Drop Box folder. Create a folder with the name of your department, and upload your course proposal form and syllabus.
3. The UCC will review your course and the faculty co-chairs of the UCC will send you an email with its decision.
4. UCC approves will go into a report for final approval at the next full FAS faculty meeting. New courses are approved officially only after this second step.
5. The Office of Academic Affairs submits approved courses to the Registrar for entry into Albert.
6. CAS Academic Affairs updates the CAS Bulletin.