The Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UCC)
The Undergraduate Curriculum Committee (UCC) evaluates all new courses to be offered for credit by the College of Arts and Science (CAS), whether at the Washington Square campus or at an NYU global site. It also reviews all new majors and minors, as well as changes/revisions to existing majors and minors. Contact Dean James Mazza for questions about course proposals and revisions.
2020-21 NEW COURSE & PROGRAM PROPOSAL DEADLINES:
- September 1, 2020 (deadline for Spring 2021 courses)
- October 1, 2020
- November 1, 2020
- February 1, 2021 (deadline for Fall 2021 courses)
- March 1, 2021
- April 1, 2021
NEW COURSE GUIDELINES:
New Course Guidelines link (includes guidelines, as well as information on credit hours and relevant policies)
CAS January Term Course Development Guide
CAS Two-Point Credit Course Development Guide
CAS Summer Course Development Guide
CAS Syllabus Checklist
HOW TO SUBMIT A NEW COURSE PROPOSAL:
1. Download the CAS New Course Proposal Form.
2. Submit your proposal on NYU Classes: click Resources on the left, look for the (Month) 2020 or 2021 UCC Drop Box folder, create a folder for your department, and upload your course proposal form and syllabus. The September 2020 UCC Drop Box can serve as your guide.
3. The UCC will review your course and the faculty co-chairs of the UCC will send you an email with its decision.
4. UCC approves will go into a report for final approval at the next full FAS faculty meeting. New courses are approved officially only after this second step.
5. The Office of Academic Affairs submits approved courses to the Registrar for entry into Albert.
6. CAS Academic Affairs updates the CAS Bulletin.