2022-23 NEW MAJOR/MINOR PROPOSAL DEADLINES:
- September 1, 2022
- October 1, 2022
- November 1, 2022
- February 1, 2023
- March 1, 2023
- April 1, 2023
HOW TO SUBMIT A NEW MAJOR/MINOR PROPOSAL:
1. Contact Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Armanda Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org), for a brief consultation about proposed new major. or minor CAS requires completion and approval of the CAS Curriculum Planning Template (go to File --> Download) and the CAS New Program Proposal form prior to proposal submission to the UCC. We will also work with the University Program Committee (UPC) for the preparation of a Memo of Intent and the Office of the Provost to establish a timeline for NY State approval (for new majors only).
2. Download the CAS New Program Proposal (go to File -> Download). The proposal draft should be approved by CAS prior to submission to the UCC. If you are proposing new courses as part of the program, please follow the steps for proposing a new course.
3. Submit your proposal via the CAS DUS shared drive: double click the UCC Proposals folder, and then double click the appropriate (Month) 2022 or 2023 UCC Drop Box folder. Create a folder with the name of your department, and upload your course proposal form and syllabus.
4. The UCC will review the revision proposal and the faculty co-chairs of the UCC will send you an email with its decision. The UPC Memo of Intent can also be reviewed during this time.
5. Proposals that the UCC approves will go into a report for final approval at the next full FAS faculty meeting.
6. Minor and major proposals are submitted to the University Program Committee (UPC) for NYU-level approval. Minor proposals are officially approved after this step (go to step 8).
7. For new majors only: CAS Academic Affairs will work with the department and Office of the Provost to submit to NY State. These major proposals are officially approved only after NY State approval is finalized.
8. The Office of Academic Affairs submits approved revisons to the Registrar for entry into Albert.
9. CAS Academic Affairs updates CAS Bulletin and department starts to advertise new program.