2023-24 PROGRAM REVISION PROPOSAL DEADLINES:
HOW TO SUBMIT A PROGRAM REVISION PROPOSAL:
1. Contact Associate Dean of Academic Affairs, Armanda Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org), for a consultation about proposed revisions prior to submission to the UCC. Some revisions to majors will require registration with NY State. This consultation will establish a timeline and next steps. We will also work with the Office of the Provost to alert them of any potential changes to the major.
2. Download the 2023-24 CAS Revision Memo Template (also contains timeline information and revision guidance). For departments submitting revisions this academic year, this template is due March 1, 2024 to sync with the core revisions. If you are proposing new courses as part of the revision, please also follow the steps for proposing a new course.
3. Submit your proposal via the CAS DUS shared drive: double click the UCC Proposals folder, and then double click the appropriate (Month) 2023 or 2024 UCC Drop Box folder. Create a folder with the name of your department, and upload your course proposal form and syllabus.
4. The UCC will review the revision proposal and the faculty co-chairs of the UCC will send you an email with its decision.
5. Revisions that the UCC approves will go into a report for final approval at the next full FAS faculty meeting. Minor revisions are approved officially only after this second step. Major revisions not requiring NY State approval are also approved after this step.
6. CAS Academic Affairs will notify the University Program Committee (UPC) as a point of information.
7. For major revisions that require NY State approval, CAS Academic Affairs will work with the department to submit to NY State. These major revision proposals are officially approved only after NY State approval is finalized.
8. The Office of Academic Affairs submits approved revisons to the Registrar for entry into Albert.
9. CAS Academic Affairs updates CAS Bulletin and department updates external materials reflecting the revisions.