Track A General Requirements
Students following Track A of the Business Studies minor typically must complete 24-26 credits of coursework in the following areas:
- One course in Microeconomics
- One course in Macroeconomics
- One course in Calculus-level Mathematics
Statistics and Regression
- One course in Statistics
- One course in regression
- One course in financial accounting
Stern School of Business Core Elective
Click on the jump links to learn more about the specific courses required for each area.
PLEASE NOTE: All normal prerequisites apply for Business Studies courses. Please consult each course's home department website for more information about prerequisites.
Track A Business Studies course requirements/conditions
- A minimum grade of C is required for all courses intended to count toward the minor, and the minimum overall GPA required in the minor is 2.0.
- AP or other advanced standing coursework (where equivalent to approved minor courses) can be used to satisfy two required minor courses. For more information, please visit the Transfer/AP/IB Credits page.
- Students use transfer courses to satisfy up to half of their required Econ/Math/Statistics courses (i.e. approximately 2 courses/8 credits) and half of their Financial Accounting/Business Electives (i.e. 1 course/4 credits). For more information, please visit the Transfer/AP/IB Credits page.
- Students can double-count up to two courses between Business Studies and another major or minor. Please review the Overlapping Requirements page for more information.
- CAS students should note that all courses taken in Stern for this minor will count toward the 16 credit limit on course work outside of CAS. Students seeking additional non-CAS credits beyond the 16 credit limit must speak with their academic advisor. Regardless of the number of non-CAS credits a student earns, each CAS student is required to complete 64 credits in CAS (-UA) courses.