AP/IB/Advanced Standing Credits
Students may use eligible AP or other advanced standing credit to satisfy two of the requirements of the Business Studies minor.
Advanced standing credit can never be used for Regression and Forecasting or any Stern courses. Advanced standing credit can only be used towards:
- Intro to Macroeconomics (ECON-UA 1)
- Intro to Microeconomics (ECON-UA 2)
- Mathematics (specifically, Calculus 1, MATH-UA 121)
- Statistics (only AP credit awarded as PSYCH-UA 10)
For students who have advanced standing credit equivalent to three or more Business Studies minor requirements:
- You will need to choose two minor requirements to satisfy with advanced standing credit, and one that you will need to complete with NYU coursework.
- For example, a student with a 4/5 on AP Calculus, a 4/5 on AP Macroeconomics, and a 4/5 on AP Microeconomics can only count two of these exams towards the minor - they will need to take a NYU course in place of the 3rd.
Students in this situation should contact email@example.com for advisement.