TRACK B REQUIREMENTS
Reminder: Track B of the Business Studies minor is only followed by Economics majors/minors, or students in the SPS Real Estate program. All other students complete Track A
Track B of the Business Studies minor typically consists of 18-20 credits of coursework
- One course in Financial Accounting
Stern Core Elective
- One course chosen from a list of approved Stern electives
Additional Stern Electives
- Two courses chosen from a list of approved Stern electives
- One course chosen from a list of approved options
Click on the jump links to learn more about the specific courses required for each area.
PLEASE NOTE: All normal prerequisites apply for Business Studies courses. Please consult each course's home department website for more information about prerequisites.
Track B Business Studies course requirements/conditions
- A minimum grade of C is required for all courses intended to count toward the minor, and the minimum overall GPA required in the minor is 2.0.
- Students can use transfer courses to satisfy up to two of the required courses for Track B of the minor. For more information, please see the Transfer/AP/IB Credits page.
- Students can double count up to two courses between Business Studies and another major or minor. Please review the Overlapping Requirements page for more information.
- CAS students should note that all courses taken in Stern for this minor will count toward the 16 credit limit on course work outside of CAS. Students seeking additional non-CAS credits beyond the 16 credit limit must speak with their academic advisor. Regardless of the number of non-CAS credits a student earns, each CAS student is required to complete 64 credits in CAS (-UA) courses.