Please note: these requirements apply to students who entered New York University prior to Fall 2016, regardless of when they declared the Business Studies minor.
The standard Business Studies minor typically requires 24-26 credits of coursework in the following areas:
- One course in Microeconomics
- One course in Macroeconomics
- One course in Calculus-level Mathematics
Statistics and Regression
- One course in Statistics
- One course in regression
- One course in financial accounting
Stern School of Business Core Elective
Click on the jump links to learn more about the specific courses required for each area.
PLEASE NOTE: All normal prerequisites apply for Business Studies courses. Please consult each course's home department website for more information about prerequisites.
General course requirements/conditions
- A minimum grade of C is required for all courses intended to count toward the minor, and the minimum overall GPA required in the minor is 2.0.
- AP or other advanced standing coursework (where equivalent to approved minor courses) can be used to satisfy 2 out of 3 minor requirements. For more information, please visit the Transfer/AP/IB Credits page.
- Students use transfer courses to satisfy up to half of their required Econ/Math/Statistics courses (i.e. approximately 2 courses/8 credits) and half of their Financial Accounting/Business Electives (i.e. 1 course/4 credits). For more information, please visit the Transfer/AP/IB Credits page.
- Students can double-count up to two courses between Business Studies and another major or minor. Please review the Overlapping Requirements page for more information.
- CAS students should note that all courses taken in Stern for this minor will count toward the 16 credit limit on course work outside of CAS. Students seeking additional non-CAS credits beyond the 16 credit limit must speak with their academic advisor. Regardless of the number of non-CAS credits a student earns, each CAS student is required to complete 64 credits in CAS (-UA) courses.