Child and Adolescent Mental Health Studies (2020 - 2022)
The CAMS minor requires the completion of at least 18 points as follows:
- Child and Adolescent Psychopathology (CAMS-UA 101) is required of all minors and is a prerequisite for some advanced CAMS courses.
- In addition to CAMS-UA 101, students must complete at least two more CAMS-UA courses.
- The remaining two courses can either be CAMS-UA courses or approved non-departmental courses. For a list of these approved non-CAMS courses, please see “courses in other departments” or the CAMS website.
- Students must receive a C or better in all courses used toward the CAMS minor.
- Courses taken Pass/Fail may not be used toward the CAMS minor.
Courses taken for the CAMS minor cannot be applied to another major or minor, unless you are a neural science or psychology major at NYU College of Arts and Science; a social work major at NYU Silver School of Social Work; a student in the Department of Teaching and Learning at NYU Steinhardt; or a nursing student at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing.
Neural science, psychology, and social work majors may count one course toward both the CAMS minor and their major. However, if a student double counts a major course toward the CAMS minor, s/he may not also double-count a CAMS course toward his/her major.
Teaching and learning students at NYU Steinhardt may double count one of the following applied psychology courses toward their major and the CAMS minor: APSY-UE 20, APSY-UE 21, APSY-UE 22, or APSY-UE 23.
Nursing students at NYU Rory Meyers College of Nursing may count both PSYCH-UA 1 and APSY-UE 1271 toward their major and the CAMS minor. To complete the CAMS minor, nursing students must take an additional three courses selected from the CAMS course offerings, one of which must be CAMS-UA 101.
Declaration and Advising
CAS students: please contact #CSCCams@nyulangone.org to declare the minor. All other NYU students: please declare the minor via the cross-school minor application on Albert.
For more information, please contact the CAMS adviser at #CSCCams@nyulangone.org.