- Total Credits - Completion of 128 credits, of which 64 credits must be completed in the College (courses prefixed with "UA").
- Grade Point Average (GPA) - A final minimum grade point average of 2.00, both cumulative and in the major is required for graduation.
- Major - Students must complete a major offered through the College of Arts and Science. Please refer to the CAS Majors/Minors page for majors offered at CAS and utilize the CAS Major Declaration Processes spreadsheet.
- The College Core Curriculum (Core) - These requirements will be discussed during the LS-to-CAS Transition Overview Session before transitioning to CAS.
- Residency Requirement – Students must take at least 64 credits at CAS (courses prefixed with "UA"). Additionally, students may take no more than 16 credits outside CAS. As a reminder, Advanced Test Credits (AP/IB/A-Level, etc.) do not count towards CAS Residency.
Current LS students interested in transitioning to CAS who would like to speak with a CAS Advisor can visit Deborah Lubanga's virtual LS-to-CAS Walk-in Hours on Wednesdays at 11:30am - 1:00pm (Eastern Time). Check the LS Student Affairs newsletter for the Zoom link.
If you are a current CAS student, who has already transitioned, feel free to to contact your CAS academic advisor OR visit CAS Advising Walk-In Hours.
CAS Advising Center Walk-In Hours*:
- Monday-Thursday from 10:00am to 3:00pm (Eastern Time),
- With the exception of Wednesday, which is 10:00am to 2:00pm (Eastern Time)
- Friday from 10:00am to 12:30pm (Eastern Time)
NOTE: Walk-in hours will be held virtually until further notice. Please see the CAS Advising Center website for additional information.
*Please keep in mind, CAS Academic Advising Appointments and Advising Center Walk-In Hours are for students who have already transitioned to CAS.
CAS Advising Center
Silver Center, Room 905
100 Washington Square East