47th Annual Undergraduate Research Conference, Thursday, May 6 to Friday May 7, 2021
The College takes seriously the role of research in the liberal arts education of undergraduates. Students regularly benefit from direct contact with our research faculty and are empowered and encouraged to conduct their own inquiries. All undergraduates at the University are invited to participate in and present their research at the College’s 47th annual Undergraduate Research Conference from Thursday, May 6 to Friday, May 7, 2021. Projects in STEM, Social Sciences, and Humanities are welcome!
2021 Conference Schedule:
While circumstances prevent an in-person event, we will be able to celebrate the outstanding work and achievements of our amazing undergraduate researchers by hosting a virtual conference! Video presentations will be available from Thursday, May 6 to Friday, May 7 with a synchronous commenting/engagement period on Friday, May 7 (time TBA).
Application and Conference Details:
- Current DURF recipients are required to participate but any undergrad who has completed an independent project is welcome to join!
- The deadline to submit an application including a completed abstract will be Friday, March 12, 2021—Applications now available!:
- Abstracts will be published in Inquiry
- Consult the Inquiry Style Guide for information on correctly formatting abstracts
- Participants will be able to submit a revised/final abstract if necessary (by Friday, May 14)
- Submit video presentation by Friday, April 30, 11:59PM (EST) to NYU Stream (instructions to follow)
2021 Presentation Workshops (information on 2021 Workshops TBA):
In order to help participants prepare for the Conference, we will be hosting a presentation workshop entitled, "Presenting Research Virtually, CAS Undergraduate Research Conference Workshop and Q&A". This interactive workshop will focus on both the theoretical and practical aspects of communicating research. Faculty from NYU's Writing in the Disciplines program will facilitate the session. This session will be recorded and available for download afterwards.
In the meantime, feel free to consult the slides from the 2014 workshop, "Designing and Delivering Dynamic Presentations."
2020 Virtual URC:
While circumstances prevented an in-person event, we were able to celebrate our undergraduate researchers' outstanding work by hosting a virtual conference! We invite you to view students' 3-5 minute video presentations (feel free to consult the list of exciting presentations) hosted in NYU Stream on our channel "CAS Undergraduate Research Conference (2020)" (you will need to log in using your NYU Net ID and credentials).