The Chesler Scholarship seeks to recognize the student in each junior class who most exhibits the potential to enhance the legal profession’s commitment to honesty, candor and ethics; the student who will care more about the integrity of the system than the outcome of a particular case; the student who will, by his or her professional conduct, inspire others to hold themselves to such high standards.
The Chesler Scholarship seeks to identify and reward, and thereby foster, a different, yet equally valuable, potential: the ability, by virtue of a student’s individual character, to make an eventual, profound contribution to the quality of the rule of law. The scholarship will consist of $5,000 for the academic year.
CAS Juniors who wish to apply must meet the following criteria:
- Have a cumulative grade point average of at least 3.0 or higher at the end of the fall semester junior year
- Demonstrate leadership in the College community (Student Council, departmental organizations, Scholars programs, NYU Senate, community service, Academic Achievement Program, etc.)
- Intend to apply to law school upon graduation
How to Apply:
- Complete the online application.
- Upload the following as one pdf file:
- Personal Statement: An essay that introduces yourself to the Committee (250-500 words). Do not simply list your educational objectives and achievements. Make this a lively appeal to the Committee: What kind of intellectual and research interests motivate you?
- Essay: Submit a 500-word essay on the topic of character and professionalism.
- Unofficial copy of your current transcript
- Letter from your faculty recommender to be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply and submission of all materials: Friday, April 2 2021 by 5:00 PM (EST)