- Participate in a semester-long leadership development series (biweekly meetings) with other Cohort Presidents during the Fall semester
- Plan an engaging, off-capus event for the second-year class with your fellow Cohort Presidents
- Complete a culminating project at the end of the Fall semester
- Participate in CAS Alumni Mentor Program during the Fall semester
- Must be enrolled full-time in the College of Arts and Science
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- Demonstrate a mature, responsible, and professional demeanor, and excellent communication skills
- Display a willingness to plan activities for the second-year class
- Ability to attend all trainings and Leadership Development Series sessions*
Note: incoming transfer students are not eligible to apply to be a Cohort President, however, we strongly encourage you to apply for other CAS Student Leadership Oppotunities.
- Connect with a CAS Alumni Mentor
- Complete a culminating, semester-long professional or personal project, with the support of the College Cohort Program team
- Access important career development tools; inclusive leadership, diversity, and team building training; resume & interview reviews; networking training; and practice in conflict management and public speaking
- Receive exclusive Cohort President giveaways upon completion of the program
- Eligibility to apply to be a Transfer Orientation Volunteer and play an essential role in fostering community for new external transfers
- Leadership experience that will prepare you + strengthen your candidacy for future leadership roles in and outside NYU
*Second-year students may serve as Cohort Presidents if they are planning to study away during the Spring semester of their second year.
Meet the Fall 2019 Cohort Presidents!
Apply to be a Fall 2020 Cohort President! Applications due by Monday, March 9th at 11:59pm EST.