- Participate in a semester-long leadership development series (biweekly meetings) with other Cohort Presidents during the Fall semester
- Plan an engaging, off-capus event for the second-year class with your fellow Cohort Presidents
- Complete a culminating project at the end of the Fall semester
- Participate in CAS Alumni Mentor Program during the Fall semester
- Must be enrolled full-time in the College of Arts and Science
- Good academic and disciplinary standing
- Demonstrate a mature, responsible, and professional demeanor, and excellent communication skills
- Display a willingness to plan activities for the second-year class
- Ability to attend all trainings and Leadership Development Series sessions*
Note: incoming transfer students are not eligible to apply to be a Cohort President, however, we strongly encourage you to apply for other CAS Student Leadership Opportunities.
- Connect with a CAS Alumni Mentor
- Complete a culminating, semester-long professional or personal project, with the support of the College Cohort Program team
- Access important career development tools; inclusive leadership, diversity, and team building training; resume & interview reviews; networking training; and practice in conflict management and public speaking
- Receive exclusive Cohort President giveaways upon completion of the program
- Eligibility to apply to be a Transfer Orientation Volunteer and play an essential role in fostering community for new external transfers
- Leadership experience that will prepare you + strengthen your candidacy for future leadership roles in and outside NYU
*Second-year students may serve as Cohort Presidents if they are planning to study away during the Spring semester of their second year.
Meet the Fall 2020 Cohort Presidents!