Get excited for Orientation! CAS Orientation is the CAS-specific portion of Welcome Week. Mandatory CAS Orientation begins Monday, August 31st and ends Tuesday, September 1st with optional events continuing through Friday, September 11th. During CAS Orientation, you’ll get to know your cohort (including your College Leader and Academic Advisor), learn the basics about CAS, and get ready to start your classes! As a reminder, all CAS Orientation events will be virtual and there will be no in-person events.
Required CAS Orientation Events for First-Year Students:
- Cohort Welcome & Check-in: This is the first time you will meet your cohort and your College Leader. Your College Leader will explain the College Cohort Program, run through the week’s schedule, and give college readiness tips.
- Presidential Welcome & Reality Show: The Presidential Welcome and Reality show is a beloved university-wide event that teaches students about New York City, college life, and general life-skills in a fun, musical manner. This year's show will be held virtually.
- CAS Dean's Welcome: At the formal first-year welcome to CAS, you will hear from Gene Andrew Jarrett, Seryl Kushner Dean of the College of Arts and Science, our Alumni Speaker Imam Khalid Latif, Assistant Dean for New Students Sarah Beth Bailey, and an accomplished student speaker.
- CAS 101: In CAS 101 you will learn all there is to know about CAS. Topics covered will include CAS Core Requirements, graduation requirements, exploring majors, and much more!
- International Student Meeting: This meeting is required for all international students. There are two different times that you will be able to choose from.
Optional CAS Orientation Events for First-Year Students:
- Prehealth Info Session
- Prelaw Info Session
- Accelerated Degree Programs Info Session
- CAS Student Council Kick-off event
- Placement Exams
- Proud to Be First Kick-off
- Dual-Degree Engineering Program Meeting
- Academic Achievement Program (AAP) Meeting
The full schedule will be available in early August so that you can begin planning your Welcome Week and Orientation!
Please note that due to the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, this information may change. In the event of this, we will update the website accordingly.