Get excited for Orientation! CAS Orientation is the CAS-specific portion of NYU Welcome. Mandatory CAS Orientation begins Monday, August 29th and ends Wednesday, August 31st with optional events continuing through Friday, September 9th. During CAS Orientation, you’ll get to know your cohort (including your College Leader and Academic Advisor), learn the basics about CAS, and get ready to start your classes! At this time, we are planning for Orientation to be in-person, but this is subject to change based on COVID-19 health and safety guidelines.
Required CAS Orientation Events for First-Year Students:
- Cohort Welcome & Check-in: This is the first time you will meet your cohort and your College Leader. Your College Leader will explain the College Cohort Program, run through the week’s schedule, and give college readiness tips. You will also hear welcoming remarks from the Dean of the College, Matthew Santirocco.
- Presidential Welcome & Reality Show: The Presidential Welcome and Reality show is a beloved university-wide event that teaches students about New York City, college life, and general life-skills in a fun, musical manner.
- CAS 101: In CAS 101 you will learn all there is to know about CAS. Topics covered will include CAS Core Requirements, graduation requirements, exploring majors, and much more!
- International Student Meeting: This meeting is required for all international students. There are two different times that you will be able to choose from.
Optional CAS Orientation Events for First-Year Students:
- Prehealth Info Session
- Prelaw Info Session
- Accelerated Degree Programs Info Session
- CAS Student Council Kick-off event
- Placement Exams
- Proud to Be First Kick-off
- Dual-Degree Engineering Program Meeting
- Academic Achievement Program (AAP) Meeting
The full schedule will be available later this summer so that you can begin planning your NYU Welcome and Orientation!
Please note that due to the uncertainties surrounding COVID-19, this information may change. In the event of this, we will update the website accordingly.