The 2022-2023 College of Arts and Science Orientation schedule is coming soon on NYU Mobile! This guide will be the hub for all CAS Orientation and Welcome Week activities, various CAS resources, a helpful campus map, and more! Mandatory CAS Orientation begins Monday, August 29th and ends Wednesday, August 31st with optional events continuing through Friday, September 2nd. As you begin creating your schedule, please add CAS orientation events before adding the optional Welcome Week events.
To download NYU Mobile, please follow the below instructions:
- Download the NYU Mobile app by visiting the app store on your phone and searching for "NYU Mobile."
- Once you download the app, click on "NYU Welcome," select "New Students," and then find your school, “College of Arts and Science."
- Enter your netID (i.e. abc123) and your NYU password.
- You can also view the NYU Mobile app online.
- You can also find the printable PDF schedules for your cohort online.
Once you log in:
- Navigate to “Events”
- Bookmark all “Mandatory Events”. These are denoted with an “❗️” icon
- Note: “First-Year International Student Meeting” is only for international students.
- All students should have at least 4 mandatory events in their schedule:
- Cohort Welcome & Check-in
- Presidential Welcome & Reality Show
- CAS Dean’s Welcome
- CAS 101
- Navigate to “Placement Exams” to add relevant exams to your schedule.
- Add any relevant placement or exemption exams to your schedule. Read the description for registration instructions. You must register in advance.
- Includes: Foreign Language, Calculus, Math for Economics and Computer Science
- Navigate to “All CAS Events” to add additional activities which include the following and more:
Note: Your mandatory events will also show up here, but placement exams will not show up here.
- Information sessions from University partners such as the Preprofessional Advising Center
- International Student Mixer
- Proud to Be First Kick-off
- Go to “Welcome Week Events” and start adding additional events.
- You can also use the “search bar” to type in keywords like “commuter” or “international” to search for specific events.
- Go to “bookmarked events” to see all of the events you have saved.
- Make sure you have push notifications on to receive important day of updates about events.
NOTE: All locations are subject to change, so be sure to check the date/time and location of each event in your “saved” section before Welcome Week and during Welcome Week.
If you have any technical questions, please email the Center for Student Life at email@example.com or call us at 212-998-4111.
If you have any questions about CAS Orientation Events please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the CAS Advising Center at 212-998-8130.
We look forward to welcoming you to NYU and we hope you are as excited as we are about CAS Orientation and Welcome Week!