Please see below for important updates to the 2020 Committee Letter Process.
Applying to health professional schools is a significant undertaking with many moving parts. Most health professional schools require applicants to submit applications more than a year before they plan to matriculate and require a personal statement, in addition to the completion of the prehealth curriculum, letters of evaluation, evidence of clinical engagement and extracurricular involvement, and standardized test scores. With this information on hand, most health professional programs will then require an interview before an offer of admission can be extended.
At NYU, eligible applicants submit a Committee Letter of Evaluation to complement their professional school application.
Applicants who plan to apply to schools of the health professions in Summer 2020 are expected to participate in the Committee Letter process during the 2019-2020 academic year and stay informed of application procedures in the following ways:
- Review our Timeline to understand when you will participate in the various components of the Committee Letter of Evaluation process.
- Stay up-to-date with announcements and events by reading the weekly Prehealth E-newsletter, The Medical Record, and by monitoring the Prehealth Calendar of Events!
- Watch the UPDATED Committee Year Overview Webinar
- Please note the following changes to our protocols and procedures from last year
- Letters of evaluation will be collected in a new online portal in the spring. We request that you hold off on submitting letters for now if possible. Letters emailed to us now will be manually reciepted within 10 days of reciept as they are filed. The online system for letter request will let you know immediately when a letter is submitted.
- The letter request will open June 1. Instructions will be forthcoming in the spring for how to use this letter request and how to provide updates. Please continue to read The Medical Record.