LAMP was established by a group of distinguished alumni of the College of Arts and Science. After earning their undergraduate degrees at NYU, they went on to obtain degrees in law and are now successful attorneys in their respective areas of expertise. These founders comprise the LAMP Advisory Board. In addition, other prominent and dedicated attorneys participate as LAMP mentors.
LAMP is an exceptional opportunity for CAS prelaw students to interact with leading legal practitioners. It pairs CAS prelaw students with CAS alumni who are now practicing attorneys. LAMP capitalizes on NYU's location in the heart of the legal and business capital of the world, on a campus with one of the nation’s premier law schools. Building on the College’s commitment to enrich the CAS undergraduate experience with stimulating preprofessional experiences, LAMP takes advantage of the extraordinary strengths of the College's alumni.
Some of LAMP's events, like the annual LAMP Moot Court, are open to the entire University community. Other activities, such as individual mentoring and the LAMP alumni reunion brunch, are available to LAMP participants only.
LAMP Strives to
- Offer CAS students one-on-one mentoring with experienced, practicing attorneys who can offer advice on choosing law schools and careers;
- Provide CAS students with insight into the legal profession;
- Host events for CAS students at which established attorneys share their experiences and frankly discuss options available in the legal profession;
- Provide annual support for NYU Law students to coach the NYU Mock Trial Team, which competes every year with teams from other major universities;
- Encourage interaction between CAS and NYU Law students through such programs as the Law School's trial advocacy seminar, in which CAS students may be selected to participate as witnesses or jurors.
Eligibility Requirements for LAMP
Please note that:
- LAMP is restricted to rising CAS juniors and seniors, and is not open to students from other NYU schools or divisions. Your home school must be CAS to be eligible to apply.
- Applicants must be enrolled in classes at the NYU Washington Square campus during the full academic year 2023-2024 in order to be accepted into LAMP.
- We cannot accept December 2023 graduates or any students planning to study away during this academic year. No exceptions will be made.
- Please keep in mind that our alumni mentors give freely of their time and experience; therefore, it is important that accepted students participate fully in the program by being responsive to their mentors and attending all LAMP programming during the academic year included, but not limited to, the following events: LAMP Annual Coffee and Dessert Reception (September 2023); LAMP law school visits; LAMP Moot Court (March 2024); LAMP Alumni Brunch (March/April 2024). LAMP participants are also expected to attend a minimum of two (2) prelaw events offered by the CAS Preprofessional Advising Center during the academic year.
- Mentor-Mentee pairings will be announced early in the fall semester. Please be advised that, although we will make our best effort to pair you with a mentor who practices law in the field you are interested in, we cannot guarantee it.
You will receive a notification about the status of your application in June via your NYU email address.
The 2023-2024 application has closed!
For questions or concerns, please contact email@example.com.