The program for the 46th Annual Undergraduate Research Conference (URC)
taking place on May 7-8, is now available online!****
A preliminary list of presentations is already available.
The Conference is hosted on the NYU Stream channel, “CAS Undergraduate Research Conference (2020)”. On Thursday, May 7 beginning at 9AM, you will be able to search and find the channel in NYU Stream or follow a live link from the URC page.
CHECK OUT SOME OF THE FIRST-GENERATION STUDENTS PRESENTING ON THEIR RESEARCH THIS MAY:
- Melissa Lopez: The Association Between Primary Care and Colorectal Cancer Screenings in the Mexican Population
- Muzi Du: Eat or Not to Eat: The Role of Layer V Pyramidal Neurons from Medial Prefrontal Cortex in Regulating Anorexic Behaviors in the Activity-Based Anorexia Mouse Model
- Nicole Dayton: The Effects of Gender-Based Effort-Vs-Natural Attribution Stereotypes On Children's Motivation
- Yasmine Elasmar: Instigators of locomotor experience: How infants move, how well they move, and how far they must move
- Kimberly Cheung: Vehicle Forfeiture and Krimstock Hearing and Its Effects on Disadvantaged, Low Income, and Immigrant Communities in the NYPD Civil Enforcement Unit
- Sean Frydman: Visual Confirmation Bias
- Karol Woloszyn: Modulation of DNA Crystalline Triangle Lattices by Insertion of Double Helical Segments
- Fabian Zuritaf: Can Speech That Mimics Major and Minor Scales Convey Positive and Negative Emotion?
- Noshin Choudhury: The Integrated Stress Response Mediates Melanoma Chemoresistance
- Aristides Escobar: Understanding the Role of Candidate Temporal Transcription Factors in the Development of Drosophila Optic Lobes
- Ericka Barroso: Diversity Based Reasoning
- Gavin Arneson: Health Resource Utilization Patterns of Individuals Experiencing Homelessness: A Scoping Review
- Zanetta Kovbasyuk: Enhancing Visual Discriminability Through Occipital Alpha Rhythm Stimulation by Rhythmic Visual Flicker and A Single-Flas
- Ira Cekici: Children's Use of Drawings and Language to Communicate About Space
- Learta Prishtinal: Protein Interaction in P Granule Formation in Caenorhabditis elegans
- Alison De Leon: Effect of Generic Language on Assumptions Children Make About Unmentioned Social Groups
- Songzhi Wu: Is It Just Us: First- and Second-order Perceptions about Income Inequality
- Syeda Hassan: The Effect of Increasing GABA Inhibition on Dynamic Range and Auditory Perception
- Cameron Fachman: What's In A Name? How Media Attribution Reflects Partisan Bias
- Melissa Barrera: Towards the Total Synthesis of Pyxidicycline B
- Jasmine Amigon: How do different forms of visual attention influence exercise and physical activity?