48th Annual Undergraduate Research Conference Friday May 6, 2022
The College takes seriously the role of research in the liberal arts education of undergraduates. Students regularly benefit from direct contact with our research faculty and are empowered and encouraged to conduct their own inquiries. All undergraduates at the University are invited to participate in and present their research at the College’s annual Undergraduate Research Conference on Friday, May 6, 2022. Projects in STEM, Social Sciences, and Humanities are welcome!
Many of the video presentations from the previous two (virtual) Conferences are still available on our NYU Stream channels:
Conference Schedule (Subject to Change):
- Poster Presentations: 9:30AM–12PM (Hemmerdinger Hall and the Silverstein Lounge—first floor of the Silver Center)
- Multidisciplinary Panel Presentations: 12:30–2:30PM (Washington Sq. Campus)
- Closing Awards Ceremony: 3–3:30PM (Hemmerdinger Hall)
Application and Conference Details (Online Application will be available in January 2022):
- DURF recipients are required to present at the URC and must submit an application
- All NYU undergrads are welcome!
- Applicatoin deadline: Friday, March 11, 2022
- Application includes submission of project abstract (250 word limit)
- Participants will have until Friday, May 13 to submit a revised/updated abstract for Inquiry
- Abstracts will be published in Inquiry
- Participants will present in one of two formats:
- Poster: Limited to projects in STEM and certain Social Sciences; if you need any tips on posters, here's a great guide on poster presentations and design.
- Panel: Open to projects in any discipline. 8-minute talk with 2 minutes for Q&A. Presenters may use multimedia to add a visual component to their presentations.
- Faculty judges will e on hand to ask questions and interact with presenters.
- Faculty judges will also select a "Best Presentation" winner for each poster group and panel session.
- Winners will be announced at the Closing Ceremony.
In order to help participants prepare for the Conferece, we will be hosting a series of presentation workshops for poster and panel sessions. These interactive workshops will focus both on the theoretical and practical aspects of communicating research. Faculty from NYU's Writing in the Disciplines program will facilitate these sessions and fellow undergraduates with experience presenting at conferences will also be on hand to answer questions and provide insights from their own experience. Students attending the sessions are strongly encouraged to bring current drafts of their presentation to recieve critique and guidance from fellow students and workshop facilitators. Dates and teims for 2022 URC presentation workshops TBA.